|Courtroom at the Court of Appeal for Ontario|
The appeal hearing of Defendant/Appellant Denis Rancourt's "champerty motion" will be heard:
- Starting at 10:30 am, scheduled for 50 minutes.
- Friday, November 8, 2013
- Court of Appeal for Ontario (Osgoode Hall), 130 Queen Street West, Toronto
- Courtroom #1 (or as indicates under "St.Lewis v. Rancourt" on the bulletin board in the main entrance)
The three-judge panel will be composed of:
Justice Robert A. Blair
Justice Alexandra Hoy, Associate Chief Justice of Ontario
Justice Robert J. Sharpe
The "champerty motion" was dismissed by the Superior Court of Justice for Ontario (lower court) in this judgement: 2013 ONSC 1564
The latter lower court judgement is now being appealed.
Court documents for the appeal are here:
- 2013-05-09::: Rancourt serves and files appeal to ONCA, to appeal the decision on the champerty motion: Factum and Appeal Book, HERE.
- 2013-07-05::: St. Lewis FACTUM for ONCA of champerty motion: StL-Factum-ONCA.
- 2013-07-05::: U of O FACTUM for ONCA of champerty motion: UofO-Factum-ONCA.
The Ontario Civil Liberties Association (OCLA) objects to the funding by the University of Ottawa of the Plaintiff's private defamation lawsuit using public money: LINK-OCLA-page: "Public Money is Not for Silencing Critics".
Main AF.ca page about the St. Lewis v. Rancourt case: HERE.