I never thought I would see the day soon when the student media at the U of O would find its voice in the needed criticism of the university administration...
The French student newspaper La Rotonde is on fire with being brushed aside by the Rock administration.
Its latest razor sharp editorial is HERE.
An English translation is provided by student senator Joseph Hickey HERE.
The editorial focuses on the internal administrative meltdown that is occurring with five major and sudden departures in the last 12 months or less:
- chief of media relations Andre Dumulon,
- main media mouthpiece,
- chief of staff of the president,
- VP-Academic (second in command) Francois Houle,
- VP-Resources Victor Simon,
- dean of science Andre E. Lalonde,
not to mention the departures since Rock's arrival on campus ... :
- VP-Academic Robert Major,
- Legal Counsel Michel Flaherty,
- VP-Governance Pamela Harrod,
- VP-Governance Nathalie Des Rosiers,
- President Gilles Patry (in mid-career),
- VP-Research Howard Alper,
- Chair of the BOG Marc Jolicoeur, ...
Will The Fulcrum wake up and participate in this revolution in accountability?